The Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer, offering a vast range of products for homeowners and DIY enthusiasts. But did you know that The Home Depot also has an affiliate program?
In this blog, we will explore the ins and outs of The Home Depot affiliate program, how it works, the benefits, and how you can make money by joining the program.
Whether you are a product reviewer, designer, or a DIY enthusiast, The Home Depot affiliate program presents a great opportunity to monetize your audience’s needs and earn competitive commissions.
So, let’s dive in and discover all you need to know about The Home Depot affiliate program.
Does Home Depot Have an Affiliate Program?
Home Depot has an affiliate program. If you share DIY projects, crafts or home renovations online, sign up to earn commission by promoting their products on your website, blog or social media. It’s a great way to earn extra income while working with Home Depot materials and doing what you love. Check out their affiliate program if you’re interested.
What is the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
The Home Depot Affiliate Program is a chance for website owners to earn money. They can promote the home improvement retailer and get commissions through affiliate marketing.
To apply, you need to fill an application form, which Home Depot will review. You’ll be informed if you’ve been accepted.
Joining the program gives access to various home improvement products and services with free shipping. There are over 200,000 products available on the online store that you can promote and earn commissions from.
Affiliate marketers love the program as it offers high commissions, easy-to-use tracking system, and excellent customer support.
How Does the Home Depot Affiliate Program Work?
The Home Depot Affiliate Program explained: When you promote a Home Depot product and someone buys it, you earn money. Home Depot gives you special codes and links to track buyers from your website. But, the buyer must use your link for you to get paid. When you reach a certain commission level, Home Depot will pay you.
Is the Home Depot Affiliate Program Free?
The Home Depot affiliate program is free to join. You give them free advertising when you sign up with them, no matter your audience size. It’s a low-risk opportunity that costs you nothing and gives you the potential to earn money. But, how much you earn depends on your audience’s reach and engagement level.
What Digital Marketing Tools are Provided by the Home Depot?
The Home Depot offers daily product data feeds, various banner ads, and text links to assist affiliates in their marketing efforts. Additionally, affiliates receive support from homedepot.com account managers and technical assistance from the Impact platform.
Can a Website outside of the United States join The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
Yes, websites from outside the United States can join The Home Depot Affiliate Program. However, it’s important to note that Home Depot only ships within the continental U.S., with a limited selection of products available for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii.
Can I join The Home Depot Affiliate Program if I am based out of Canada?
Yes, you can join The Home Depot Affiliate Program if you’re based in Canada. However, please note that this program is specifically for shipments within the U.S. If you’re interested in the Canadian affiliate program, please visit homedepot.ca.
I operate more than one website. Can I still join The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
Yes, you can join The Home Depot Affiliate Program with multiple websites.
How do I join The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
To join The Home Depot Affiliate Program, simply complete the straightforward application process available in the “Join Now” section on their website.
Is my website eligible for The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
The Home Depot Affiliate Program accepts applications from various types of websites, but they reserve the right to decline or revoke membership for any reason they consider appropriate.
I don’t have a website. Can I still join The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
No, to join The Home Depot Affiliate Program, you need to have a live website already in operation when you apply.
How do I Change my Account Information?
After being accepted, access The Home Depot Affiliate Program through the Impact platform website. Log into your Impact Account and find the settings icon on the navigation bar. From there, you can easily update your basic information.
What if I am already a member of Impact, can I join The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
Yes, if you’re already a member of Impact, you’re all set to join The Home Depot Affiliate Program. Just log into your Impact Account and apply directly to The Home Depot program from there.
Will Joining the Program Increase Traffic to my Site?
Joining The Home Depot Affiliate Program is primarily about earning commissions when you refer customers to homedepot.com and they make a purchase. While it’s not specifically designed to boost traffic to your site, having Home Depot content could encourage visitors to return, potentially increasing your site’s user return rate.
Where can I Find your Policies for working with The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
You can find the Terms and Conditions for The Home Depot Affiliate Program at the bottom of the application page. Additionally, once you’re officially accepted into the program, you’ll receive a comprehensive list of all relevant program policies.
What Products can you Promote with The Home Depot Affiliate Program?
The Home Depot affiliate program is great because you can earn commissions on most of its products, which is more than 500,000 items since it’s a big company. Whether you’re doing a big home remodel or small kid-friendly crafts, you can find what you need.
We’ll show you their main product categories below if you’re not familiar with everything Home Depot sells.
At The Home Depot, there’s a big section for appliances. If you’re an affiliate, you can earn a 1% commission on these pricey items. For instance, if you have a cooking blog, you can recommend your stove if Home Depot sells it. Or if you’re into home makeovers, you can suggest one of their washers or dryers for a new laundry room. Appliances are useful for lots of bloggers, and The Home Depot has a wide range of them.
If you like doing DIY projects, you’ll need tools, and Home Depot has a huge selection. They have power tools, gardening tools, hand tools, woodworking tools, and welding tools. You can also find accessories like toolkits and storage for your tools. Whatever DIY projects you’re into, Home Depot likely has something you already use.
The Home Depot affiliate program is attractive to people who make and do things, but it’s not just for them. Even if you have a tech blog, you might want to think about joining. Home Depot sells lots of smart home devices, making it a great target audience for those interested in creating engaging content. If you write reviews about these devices and promote them successfully, you can earn a commission.
The furniture options at Home Depot are huge. Whether you’re an interior designer or just someone who loves home design, you’ll want to share Home Depot’s furniture range. Nearly everything in their store is part of the affiliate program. With so many choices, it might feel a bit overwhelming, but you’re sure to find something your website’s visitors will adore.
For people who love interior design, Home Depot’s home decor section is worth checking out. You can find everything you need to decorate a home, from small items like candles and picture frames to bigger things like wall coverings and glassware sets, all in one spot. Some home decor items offer an 8% commission for affiliates, but remember that the items eligible for this rate might change, so make sure to check before promoting them.
Other Things You Can Promote With This Program
As an affiliate of Home Depot, you have a vast range of things to promote, with over half a million options available. We’ve only touched on a few here. They offer everything for home makeovers, like paint, tools, tiles, wallpaper, rugs, landscaping gear, lights, bulbs, and even screws for fixing things to your walls. If you’re into building, design, or home projects, Home Depot likely has what you’re looking for and you can promote it.
What Products Are Excluded From the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
Most products are included in Home Depot’s affiliate program, but there are a few exceptions. You won’t earn commissions from gift card purchases, installation services, custom-made products, certain special orders, or items bought in-store.
The The Home Depot Affiliate Program Details and Commission Rates
Solar bloggers love The Home Depot affiliate program because it gives them good commission rates and keeps track of referrals for a good amount of time. It’s a great chance for bloggers who write about solar stuff to make money while recommending products from a big home improvement store.
- Home Improvement
- 0.8% to 6.4% Per Sale
- 1 Day
Can You Make $1000 a Month as a Home Depot Affiliate?
The Home Depot affiliate program allows you to earn money. For instance, if you select a product eligible for an 8% commission, like a wall shelf priced at $195, you’d make $16 for each sale. To earn $1000 per month, you’d need around 63 sales of this product. Assuming your conversion rate is 1%, about 6300 people need to view your content monthly to make those sales.
How To Make Money With the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
If you want to do well as a Home Depot affiliate, here are some simple tips and advice to help you succeed.
Build Your Audience
To earn money as an affiliate, you need high website traffic. More visitors mean more opportunities to refer products. Grow your site with SEO tools, email marketing, and campaign tracking. Consider using additional affiliate marketing tools to maximize your results.
Provide High-Value Content
To maintain engagement and attract more people, it’s important to have great content. When you join the Home Depot affiliate program, avoid constant product promotions. Instead, demonstrate how you use and enjoy a product. Discuss its design, quality, or why you chose it. It’s crucial for topic-focused websites to highlight their unique perspective to captivate readers.
It’s okay to earn money by promoting products, but you need to tell your audience about it.
If you’re part of an affiliate program, you have to put a disclosure notice somewhere on your website.
Besides the legal side of things, nobody likes feeling misled.
Understand Your Audience
People buy things they need. Home Depot offers a wide range of products, but not all may be desired by your audience. Use Home Depot’s tools to identify top-performing products and maximize your earning potential by recommending the best ones at the right time.
Should You Join the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
The Home Depot affiliate program can be quite rewarding if you target high ticket items and leverage promos. However, earnings potential is lower for general home products due to low commission rates.
Who Should Join the Home Depot Affiliate Program?
Many bloggers find the Home Depot affiliate program helpful. If you’re in home improvement, you can promote their products instead of your own niche items. They offer a wide range of products in various categories. Let’s discuss who is the best fit to be a Home Depot affiliate.
- Product Reviewers: Home Depot is perfect for bloggers who discuss real topics and DIY enthusiasts. They offer a wide range of products, from curtains to tools.
- Designers: Home Depot offers more than just home improvement products. If your blog focuses on room design, you can find everything you need at Home Depot – home decor, furniture, appliances, paint, tiles, lights, and more.
- DIYers: Even if your blog isn’t about reviewing or promoting products, readers are interested in the tools and materials their favorite DIYers use. When you teach people how to make something, they often want to use the same tools as their teachers. As an affiliate, you can earn money by guiding people to Home Depot to purchase the tools and materials you recommend.
Is the Home Depot Affiliate Program Worth It?
The Home Depot affiliate program might suit some people but not everyone.
There are other stores for home improvement too.
Let’s talk about the good and not-so-good parts of Home Depot’s program so you can decide if it’s right for you.
Pros of the Home Depot Affiliate Program
Here are some of the key pros of joining the Home Depot affiliate program:
- Large product selection – Home Depot has over 1 million products in categories like tools, home improvement, appliances, lawn & garden and more. This gives affiliates a wide range of products to promote.
- High commissions – Home Depot offers attractive commissions starting at 4% for most products. For big ticket items like appliances, commissions can be 8% or more.
- Popular with homeowners – Home Depot is one of the most visited sites for home improvement, which drives a lot of buyer intent traffic that converts well.
- Ongoing promos – Home Depot frequently runs promos like 10-15% off appliance purchases or save $100 on tool combo kits. These promos help drive conversions.
- Dedicated affiliate team – Home Depot has an in-house affiliate team that is very responsive and provides affiliates with promotional materials and access to special offers.
- Strong brand recognition – Being affiliated with a major brand like Home Depot lends credibility and trust for consumers.
Overall, Home Depot’s massive product range, name recognition and solid commission rates make it one of the top affiliate programs for home and garden content creators to join. The program attracts a lot of buyer intent traffic which converts well for affiliates.
Cons of the Home Depot Affiliate Program
Here are some potential cons to consider with the Home Depot affiliate program:
Challenges with Home Depot’s affiliate program include:
- Low commission rates on some products (1-2% for cleaning supplies)
- Difficulty driving high ticket sales due to high product costs
- Limited promotional opportunities with coupon codes and promos
- High competition among affiliates
- Slow commissions paid on a 60-90 day lag after return period expires
- Restrictive policy on trademarks and product images
- Exclusions on popular categories like lumber, gift cards, and clearance items
- Lower payout for international sales (0.5-1.5% commission outside the US)
Overall, while Home Depot is a solid program, affiliates need to weigh the cons against the pros to manage expectations. Driving consistent sales in a competitive niche can be challenging. But with smart marketing, Home Depot can still be a rewarding affiliate.
Does Home Depot Support the Affiliate Program?
Home Depot has an affiliate marketing program with support. They have affiliate account managers to help affiliates. The Impact platform provides tech support and website data for decisions. Contact your service provider for website technical issues.
Tips For Maximizing Your Earnings
Here are some tips to maximize your earnings as a Home Depot affiliate:
- To earn more money with The Home Depot Affiliate Program, promote pricey items such as tools and appliances. Use promo codes or sales to lure customers. Show where Home Depot’s pricing is lower than competitors. Create content on DIY home projects to attract buyers.
- Write detailed reviews, comparisons, and buyer guides. Encourage customers to buy online and pick up in-store to avoid delivery fees. Keep updated on affiliate promotions, products, or ad placements for better earnings.
- Share Home Depot’s social media content and use email marketing for better earnings. Focus on high-value products and traffic, create compelling content, and test new strategies for maximum earnings potential with The Home Depot program.
What Are the Home Depot Affiliate Program Alternatives?
I’ve got some info on other cool programs you might like if you’re into Fashion, Fitness, or Beauty. Check them out!
- Amazon Associates Program – Amazon sells some home improvement supplies and many home goods. You earn 4-10% on sales depending on product category.
- Walmart Affiliate Program – Walmart sells home goods, furniture, appliances and more. You can earn commissions of 2-6% on sales.
- Target Affiliate Program – Similar to Walmart, Target has many household items. Commissions are typically around 5%.
- Gucci Affiliate Program: Gucci is a luxury fashion brand offering high-end clothing, accessories and more. Their affiliate program provides attractive commissions on sales. I’ve written more details about the Gucci Affiliate Program and how to join in my article.
- Mango Affiliate Program: Mango is a popular fast fashion brand selling trendy women’s, men’s and kids’ clothing. Their Mango Affiliate Program offers competitive rates and I break things down further in my article.
- Zara Affiliate Program: Zara is one of the largest fast fashion brands globally. Their affiliate program provides a 4% commission rate on sales which is on the lower end but expected given the massive brand recognition. Zara’s stylish, inexpensive clothing and accessories still present nice earning potential for fashion bloggers and influencers. I have a full review of their program’s pros, cons, commission details and more in my article on Zara Affiliate Program.
- H&M Affiliate Program: H&M is another fast fashion retailer providing stylish, affordable clothes and accessories. As an affiliate you can earn commission referring customers. Check out my article on H&M Affiliate Program.
- Nike Affiliate Program: The athletic brand Nike has an established affiliate program offering nice commission rates on their sportswear, shoes and gear. I explain the details of how to join and typical earnings in my article on Nike Affiliate Program.
- Puma Affiliate Program: Puma specializes in athletic/casual wear, shoes and accessories. I break down their decent commission structure and other details in my article on Puma Affiliate Program.
- Adidas Affiliate Program: Similar to Nike and Puma, Adidas focuses on sports/athletic wear and has an appealing affiliate program. Check out my post on Adidas Affiliate Program to learn more about it.
- Shein Affiliate Program: Shein is an online fast fashion retailer selling very affordable women’s, men’s and kids’ clothing and accessories. Their affiliate program offers competitive commission rates that I explain more in my article on Shein Affiliate Program.
- Temu Affiliate Program: Temu is a newer e-commerce site selling discounted products across categories. Their affiliate program is still relatively new but offers nice potential commissions detailed in my article on Temu Affiliate Program.
- Chewy Affiliate Program: Chewy is the leading online pet supplies retailer. Their program provides good earning potential for pet enthusiasts that I break down in my post on Chewy Affiliate Program.
- Lego Affiliate Program: The Lego brand offers an affiliate program with commissions on their popular children’s building block sets and more. Check out my article on Lego Affiliate Program for specifics.
Is Home Depot Affiliate Marketing Legit?
The Home Depot has a program that lets publishers earn commission by promoting their products. They give cookies to track clicks and credit affiliates if a visitor buys within 60 days. You can promote Home Depot products on your website or social media and get a percentage of sales. It’s a legit program, but you need lots of traffic to make good money.
How to Make Money off of Home Depot?
Are you interested in making some extra cash? Promote products from Home Depot and get commissions for every purchase made through your affiliate link. Sign up for the affiliate program today and start sharing Home Depot’s special deals to earn money.
Does Home Depot have an Influencer Program?
Home Depot partners with influencers on social media like Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok. They have an influencer marketing program. But, they don’t say publicly what you need to become a Home Depot influencer such as how many followers you need.
Does Home Depot have a Referral Program?
Unfortunately, right now, Home Depot doesn’t have any referral programs available.
The Home Depot Affiliate Program gives people and businesses a chance to make money by advertising home improvement products. Joining the program is easy and free, with lots of marketing tools available. You don’t need a website to take part.
To earn as much money as possible, you must know your audience well, offer valuable content, and be open about your affiliation. Although there are both good and bad points to the program, it’s great for reviewers, DIYers, and designers.
Other popular options include Amazon Associates, Walmart, and Target. Overall, Home Depot’s Affiliate Program is an authentic and profitable opportunity for those involved in home improvement.