As Instagram Reels become the new way to engage with your audience on social media, it’s important to know when the best time to post. But is there really a “best time” to post on Instagram?
In this complete guide, our Social experts at VH-info will dive deep to help you understand the best time to post reels on Instagram and why it matters for your business. We’ll explore key factors that can impact your posting schedule, such as industry trends, audience demographics, and the Instagram algorithm updates.
You’ll also learn tips for finding your best time to post and how to use Instagram’s professional dashboard to track engagement.
Everything you need and find here is research backed. So you’re in the right place.
Plus, we’ve included a handy FAQ section where we answer some of the most commonly asked questions about posting on Instagram. By the end of this guide, you’ll have a comprehensive understanding of when to post on Instagram Reels for optimal engagement and reach.
Is there a best time to post reels on Instagram?
The best time to post Reels really depends on when your followers are most active on Instagram. A good strategy is to post 1-2 Reels per day during peak evening hours and weekends when people tend to be browsing Instagram more and are more likely to engage with your creative ideas.
Check your Instagram analytics to see when your posts get the most engagement. Experiment by posting at different times and taking notes on what works best. Overall, late afternoons and evenings tend to be good times to post as that’s when many people are scrolling Instagram and engaging with this type of content. Just be sure not to flood your feed and only post your best, most engaging Reels.
To figure out the best time to post Instagram Reels, you need to know your audience and what you want to achieve. Usually, posting when your followers are online is a good idea.
Most brands get more engagement in the evenings and on weekends when people use Instagram more. You can check your analytics for past performance and try posting at different times of the day to find out what works best.
Posting fresher content when your followers are online helps make it more visible. Find out the ideal time based on your audience’s habits and when your content performs well. Try testing late afternoons and evenings as a starting point.
What is the best time to post Reels on Instagram?
Posting reels on Instagram can be a great way to reach a larger audience and increase engagement. According to recent research, the best time to post reels is at 11 AM on Wednesdays. This timing has been observed to generate higher engagement rates and better visibility.
However, it’s important to note that the optimal time to post may vary depending on your specific audience and industry. Experimenting with different posting times and analyzing engagement metrics can help you determine the best time for your brand to post reels on Instagram.
When is the best day and time to post reels on Instagram?
What is the best time to post reels on Instagram to get better engagement?
The ideal time to post reels isn’t universal, it depends on your particular audience and goals.
But there are some general best practices – post when your followers are most active on Instagram, which for many is evenings and weekends when usage peaks. Check your analytics to see when your posts have gotten the highest engagement in the past and look for patterns. Try posting reels multiple times per day and take notes on which times perform best based on the average engagement rate.
Also, consider jumping on trends and challenges when certain hashtags are popular. Focus on creating entertaining, high-quality reels that bring value to your audience above all else. While there’s no definitive best time, you can find your sweet spot by testing different timings, studying your metrics, and posting consistently when your audience is most likely online and ready to engage.
What is the best time to post reels on Instagram Globally?
Since audiences across the world have different habits, there is no single optimal posting time that works globally.
The key is to analyze your audience demographics and Instagram Insights to identify peak times of engagement in each of your major markets. You’ll likely need to vary posting times to reach followers when they are active in different time zones. Look at both your overall audience activity and your top-performing posts in each country to spot patterns and determine the best time to reach Instagram users globally.
Also, consider cultural events or trends that may resonate with a worldwide audience. While results vary, late afternoons and evenings tend to perform well across time zones. But pay attention to the data signals from your own international audience to determine the best times to post Reels in each region.
Why Does It Matter?
To get the most views, it’s essential to post on Instagram when your followers are active. The best time to post varies depending on your audience’s time zones and habits. Posting in the evenings and weekends may result in higher engagement. It’s important to use Instagram Insights to find your ideal posting schedule. This way, you can maximize visibility by being present when your audience is most receptive. Test different times, including every day of the week, to increase your chances of being seen at your personal best time!
Key Factors While Choosing the Best Time to Post on Instagram
Here are the key factors to consider when determining the best time to post on Instagram:
- Reason for Posting – You want to post when your audience is most active and likely to engage. Posting when they’re online boosts visibility and can help content go viral through likes and comments.
- Days of the Week – Consider when your target audience is most active online and in a content-consuming mindset. Often weekends and Fridays work well, especially for creative content.
- Competitors – Analyze competitors’ posting patterns to identify potential optimal timing if their engagement is strong when posting at certain times.
- Time Zones – Posting during peak hours in your audience’s time zones can help maximize visibility, even if it’s not typical peak times in your own time zone.
- Frequency – Post consistently, at least once daily, to stay top of mind. But avoid flooding feeds with too much content too often.
- Industry – Audience habits may vary by industry, with some more active during the night or day. Identify patterns specific to your niche.
- Audience Demographics & Habits – Young audiences tend to be active after school/work; older audiences during the day. Post when your audience is online.
- Algorithm – Favors new, engaging content and interaction. So post regularly, make engaging Reels, and interact with followers.
Post when your specific audience is most receptive for the highest engagement and visibility. Analyze all available data signals to identify your ideal timing.
Going Beyond Right Timing to Post on Instagram for Your Business
- Leverage Instagram Professional Dashboard – Use Instagram’s tools for business profiles to gain data-driven insights that inform your strategy. Access audience demographics, account performance, content analysis, and more. Leverage these insights when posting to resonate with your audience.
- Focus on Engagement – Don’t just analyze the best times for reach. Look at when followers actively like, comment on, and share your posts. High engagement should be the priority over vanity metrics like impressions.
- Track the Best Time Manually – Manually track your top-performing post times over weeks/months. Look for patterns across your consistently best content to identify ideal timing.
- Use Instagram’s Resources – Fully utilize Instagram’s tips and guidance for creators on the algorithm, analytics, trends, and best practices. Refer to their resources regularly.
- Focus on Creating Quality Content – Well-crafted, valuable content drives results more than timing alone. Develop content that provides value and aligns with your brand identity. Make this the priority.
Getting followers genuinely engaged should be the ultimate goal. Timing matters, but pairing ideal times with great content focused on your audience is key. Take advantage of Instagram’s suite of professional tools as well.
How to Find the Best Time to Post on Instagram?
To find the best time to post on Instagram, follow the methods below:
- Use Creative Templates – Take advantage of Instagram creative templates to easily produce high-quality content tailored to your brand. Having posts ready to go for optimal times can help boost engagement. Explore layouts, editing tools, and inspiration within the Instagram app to develop Posts, Stories, and Reels that resonate with your audience and fit your visual style.
- A/B Testing – Try posting identical or similar content at two different times and days to directly compare performance. For example, post the same Reel on a Tuesday at 5 p.m. and a Wednesday at 11 a.m. Look at respective engagement and reach. Repeat this testing at different times to glean insights into ideal schedules. Just be sure to space out duplicate posts by a few weeks.
- Analyze the Past – Use Instagram’s analytics tool to view metrics on your previous posts. Look at impressions, reach, and engagement rates over time. See if you can identify trends around which days of the week or times of day content tends to perform best. Learning from historical data can provide a blueprint for determining ideal future posting times.
Best Time to post on Instagram Reels for likes, comments, and shares by Day
For the best results on Instagram Reels, the ideal time to post varies by day:
- Monday: 12:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM
- Wednesday: 11:00 AM
- Thursday: 11:00 AM
- Friday: 2:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM
- Sunday: 7:00 PM
These times are based on data from a broad range of Instagram posts. Generally, people are most active during work hours in the middle of the week. Avoid weekends for the best engagement, possibly because people are busy with offline activities.
As your Instagram presence grows, consider adjusting your posting schedule to match your audience’s behavior.
Best time to post Reels on Instagram on Monday
The ideal time to share Reels on Instagram on Monday is at 12:00 p.m. This aligns with the midday break when many users check their feeds, making it the peak engagement period. Other good posting slots for Mondays include 5 AM, 11 AM, and 1 PM.
Best time to post Reels on Instagram on Tuesday
For Instagram Reels on Tuesday, the prime posting time is 9:00 AM. Early morning slots from 7 to 10 AM are also great, but 9:00 AM stands out as the peak time for engagement.
Best time to post Reels on Instagram on Wednesday
For Instagram Reels on Wednesday, the optimal time to post is around 11:00 AM. Wednesdays tend to see high engagement, with other good posting times at 5 AM, 6 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM, and 12 PM. The peak engagement time is at 11:00 AM.
Best time to post Reels on Instagram on Thursday
For Instagram Reels on Thursday, the prime time to post is around 12:00 PM, but engagement remains high from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Specifically on Thursdays, you can aim for 6 AM, 11 AM, 12 PM, and 1 PM for optimal engagement, with 11 AM and 12 PM being the peak times for the best posting times for avoiding low engagement.
Best time to post Reels on Instagram on Friday
The optimal time to share Reels on Instagram on Fridays is at 2:00 PM. Engagement remains steady from 7 AM to 2:00 PM, making this period ideal for posting. On Fridays, focus on 7 AM, 2 PM, 3 PM, and 4 PM for the highest engagement, with 2 PM as the peak time.
Best time to post Reels on Instagram on Saturday
To get the most out of Instagram Reels on Saturdays, post at 9:00 AM. This is when people are active before starting their offline weekend activities. Other great posting times on Saturdays are 6 AM, 8 AM, and 10 AM, with 9 AM being the peak time for engagement.
Best time to post Reels on Instagram on Sunday
For Instagram Reels on Sunday, the prime posting time is around 7:00 PM. Engagement remains steady from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM. If you prefer late-night or early-morning posting, consider 1 AM, and for the evening, 6 PM, 7 PM, and 8 PM also garner good engagement.
Tips for finding your best time to post on Instagram today.
Here are tips for finding your best Instagram posting today:
- Review your top-performing posts – Look back at your past Instagram posts and make note of the day and time each was published, along with their engagement. See if you can spot any patterns around when your top posts went live. This can provide clues for ideal posting times.
- Check when your audience is most active online – Use Instagram’s analytics to view your followers’ activity patterns throughout the day and week. See when they are most likely to be on Instagram and engaging with content. Aim to post more regularly during these peak times.
- Consider when your competitors are posting – Take a look at competing accounts in your niche and note when they tend to publish new Instagram posts. You may want to experiment with posting at different times than competitors to stand out in the feed.
- Post in your audience’s time zone – Ensure you are posting during waking hours for the majority of your audience. If you have an international following, you may need to vary post times rather than sticking to just a one-time zone.
- Monitor and adjust – Track post analytics over time and continue tweaking your posting schedule based on which days/times are performing best. Instagram audiences are always evolving.
- Show up consistently over the long term – While timing matters, developing a consistent long-term Instagram posting habit at your “best” times is key. Consistency and quality trump chasing trends.
What time of day is Instagram most active?
Engagement on Instagram tends to be highest during the workweek, peaking in the middle of the day on Tuesdays through Thursdays. Overall interaction is lower on weekends. The key is to post when your target audience is most likely to be browsing Instagram.
Is it better to post on Instagram at night or during the day?
The better time to post on Instagram, day or night, varies depending on your specific audience. Generally, evenings, like 6 to 9 PM in North America, can be a good choice. This is because many people are relaxing and using Instagram during these hours. It’s essential to understand your followers’ behavior to decide the perfect posting time for your content.
When it comes to determining the best time to post on Instagram, there is no universal answer that applies to every account and audience. However, some general trends have emerged:
Posting in the evening tends to reach people winding down their day and checking Instagram casually. So for many consumer-focused brands, evenings from around 6-9 p.m. result in high engagement. However, for brands targeting working professionals or students, posting during typical business hours or afternoons may perform better.
The key is identifying when your target audience is most active on Instagram and scheduling content accordingly. While evenings are often recommended, for some brands posting high-quality content consistently during daytime hours ends up being more impactful depending on their niche and their specific Instagram marketing strategy. The best practice is to test different times and use Instagram analytics to see when your particular followers engage most on the social media platform.
How to check the best time to upload reels on Instagram?
The most effective way to determine ideal reel posting times is to analyze your Instagram Insights data. Go to your Instagram analytics and look at both your audience activity by day and time and your past post metrics. Make note of when your target followers are most active on the app as well as when your previous Reels have gotten high engagement and reach at a specific time. To access this data, you’ll need a business or creator account.
You can also use third-party scheduling tools to suggest optimal posting times based on your account’s historical performance. The key is experimenting with different days and times and seeing what works best for your audience. Check back regularly as their habits may change over time. With consistent testing and using a content calendar, you’ll discover the sweet spot for when to upload your Reels.
In conclusion, finding the best time to post Reels on Instagram is crucial for maximizing your reach and engagement. By understanding your audience’s habits and considering factors like time zones, industry trends, and competitor activity, you can optimize your posting schedule.
However, it’s important to remember that timing alone is not enough. Focus on creating high-quality content that resonates with your target audience, engage with your followers, and use Instagram’s resources to understand the algorithm better. By consistently posting at the right time and delivering valuable content, you can increase likes, comments, and shares on your Reels.
So, take the time to analyze your data, experiment with different posting times, and adapt your strategy accordingly to make the most of Instagram’s potential for your business.